A virgin white wine spritzer is one of the easiest mocktails to put together. It’s fizzy, refreshing, and a perfect addition to your next sober party.
What is a wine spritzer made of? A traditional wine spritzer is made of white wine and your mixer of choice.
This one swaps out the alcoholic wine with a dealcoholized version, keeping it just as fun and healthier than the original (but just as delicious!).
How to Make a White Wine Spritzer
Elevate your spritzer with a squirt of lemon juice and a garnish. It requires zero prep time.
Total time: 5 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Serving size: 6 oz
- 1 bottle Surely Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces lemon-lime soda (Zevia)
- Rosemary and lemon slices
- Pour 4 ounces of Surely Sauvignon Blanc into each wine glass.*
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Top with 2 ounces of Zevia.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and rosemary sprigs, if desired.
*We like sauvignon blanc for our spritzer. It’s light-bodied like pinot grigio, but more acidic for a refreshing cocktail. Sweet wines like moscato or riesling may overpower the flavor profile on your spritz. Chardonnay may not lend enough citrus notes.
What should I use to garnish a wine spritzer? You can use anything you like to garnish a wine spritzer. Slices of citrus like lemon, grapefruit, or blood orange will add some vitamin C and color to your glass.
Surely non-alcoholic wine isn’t just an alcohol alternative. It’s low-calorie, too. Keep things light with zero-calorie mixers for a healthy non-alcoholic drink option.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 20
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbs: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Net Carbs: 6 g
- Protein: 0 g
What is the alcohol percentage of a white wine spritzer? The alcohol percentage of a white wine spritzer is about 6-8%. The ABV drops thanks to the added seltzer or your chosen mixer.
A non-alcoholic white wine spritzer has less than 0.5% ABV.
Choosing Your Mixer
The mixer you choose will depend on your mood…and the taste you’re after. We like stevia because it doesn’t add any additional calories to your wine cocktail.
We try to avoid high-sugar sodas like Sprite in our cocktail recipes. Here are a few more tips on mixers:
- Want to keep things dry? Choose tonic water or club soda. It’s easy to order at a bar, too.
- Not so into citrus? Choose another flavored sparkling water.
- Want a little spice? Add a splash of ginger ale.
Variations for Any Season
A wine spritzer is easy to modify for any season.
- Valentine’s Day Wine Spritzer: We’re not against a dry rosé when the occasion calls for it, and Valentine’s Day certainly does. Try Surely’s non-alcoholic rosé for something pink.
- Winter Holiday Wine Spritzer: Looking to add to your Christmas party drink selection? Add a splash of cranberry for that holiday hue and a fresh cranberry garnish.
- Summertime Spritzer: Keep things fresh on hot summer days with frozen fruit or fruity ice cubes. Blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries all add to a great summer drink.
Real wine, without the alcohol.
White wine spritzers top the most popular drink recipes because they’re so easy to prepare, even if you want to make them virgin.
Mocktails are better for you and they taste great. Are you ready to kick up your mocktail game? Try Surely non-alcoholic wine. Our non-alcoholic red wines make a great base for your next virgin sangria, by the way.