A non-alcoholic sangria is the perfect mocktail for get-togethers, baby showers, or any sober party where a delicious Spanish beverage is appreciated. The traditional summer drink is easy to customize, too, including when you enjoy it.
Hint: It doesn't have to be summer for you to make heart-eyes 😍 over this refreshing drink.
Ingredients for the Perfect Non-Alcoholic Sangria
You can probably find sangria on store shelves, but it’s easy to put together your own virgin sangria recipe.
What is non-alcoholic sangria made of? Non-alcoholic sangria is typically made with fresh fruit, sparkling water, and juice or an alcohol-removed wine.
The only difference with the alcoholic version is the alcohol. (Mexican sangria usually has a higher ABV.) White grape juice is typical in many drink recipes for sangria, but we like to elevate things.
- 1 bottle Surely Pinot Noir
- 1-2 cups fresh fruit (oranges, lemons, apples, berries)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 bottle Topo Chico (grapefruit flavor) or other sparkling water
*We like Topo Chico because it doesn’t add calories. If lemon-lime soda is your jam, go for it. If you don’t want any flavor, plain club soda is an easy get when shopping for ingredients or ordering at the bar.
Non-Alcoholic Sangria Recipe Instructions
Patience is the key to how to make non-alcoholic sangria. Most of your total time with this non-alcoholic drink is waiting for it to cool.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 4-6 hours
Yields: 6 servings
Serving size: 6 oz
- Fill a large pitcher with Surely Pinit Noir wine, fruit, and juice.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour in sparkling water.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour sangria, and garnish with desired fruit.
A virgin sangria has the added benefit of a small dose of all kinds of vitamins and minerals from that fresh fruit. We’re talking calcium, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin A for starters. The calories and carbohydrates may differ a little, but it’s still a healthy option.
How many calories does a non-alcoholic sangria have? Non-alcoholic sangria served with low-calorie alcohol-removed wine has about 118 calories per serving.
Nutrition Information (per 6 oz serving):
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbs: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Net Carbs: 27 g
- Protein: 2 g
How to Change It Up
We know our alcohol-free sangria is pretty classy, but there are ways to change up this mocktail recipe depending on the fruit juices you have or desired flavor profile.
- Like it sweeter? Add sliced peaches or peach juice and strawberries.
- Planning winter holiday cocktails? Try cranberry juice and fresh cranberries in your mix. That makes for a great Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day) option, too.
- Feeling fall flavors? Sangrias featuring apple cider or apple juice are delicious. Garnish with cinnamon sticks for a true autumn delight.
Virgin Sangria = All the yum, none of the regret.
All of that fresh fruit you’re piling into your glass is already a healthy start. Keeping the alcohol out of your glass is even better. The best part is, you’re still drinking real wine. If you’re not a fan of red wine, we think our non-alcoholic rosé would work just as well.