Whether you’re throwing a baby shower, catering to your sober friend, making a designated driver feel included, or celebrating Dry January, there are tons of reasons to whip up some non-alcoholic drinks (also called mocktails).
We’ll take you through simple recipes for mocktails and traditional non-alcoholic cocktails, like the Melon Moroccan Mint Tea, Saint Clement, Virgin Cranberry Mojito, Peach Bellini Mocktail, and more.
And for all you influencers out there — these mocktails look great on social media posts. 📸 (Check out our Affiliate Program if you want to share Surely Dealcoholized Wines with your followers!)
First, let’s talk about the best brands for non-alcoholic drinks. If you already know all the delicious non-alcoholic drinks to try, you can skip to the Mocktail Recipe Section.
10 Delicious Non-Alcoholic Beers, Wines, and Spirits to Try
Here are our 10 favorite brands of non-alcoholic beverages:
- Surely — This one’s a no-brainer in the world of non-alcoholic drinks. We craft our signature rosé by making an actual alcoholic rosé, then removing the alcohol. This unique approach leaves that genuine rosé taste, but with a non-alcoholic label. (We also make a killer dealcoholized champagne.)
- Athletic Brewing Company — Their Upside-Down Non-Alcoholic Golden and Run Wild Non-Alcoholic IPA have a great mouthfeel and a hoppy, citrusy character — uncannily resembling a West Coast IPA, especially for a non-alcoholic beer. Unlike a lot of beers, Athletic Brewing offers gluten-free NA beer.
- Humm Kombucha — Yes, it’s fermented. No, it’s not an alcoholic drink. Humm Kombucha offers low-sugar, gut-supporting probiotic beverages in a ton of flavors. (Bonus: They’re available at Target!) They also have a few zero sugar alternatives that still have tons of probiotics.
- Mingle — These sparkling cocktails contain organic cane sugar, real fruit, and unique botanical blends. Both their flavors and designs are fun and inviting — perfect for a laugh-filled brunch.
- Weller — Have you heard all the benefits of CBD? Weller CBD Sparkling Water offers you the sophisticated feel of non-alcoholic sparkly, with an added boost of 25 milligrams of CBD in every can.
- Rock Grace — This rosé-like elixir utilizes a proprietary crystal energy infusion process. If this is your thing, Rock Grace has you covered. Every ethically sourced crystal is positively charged under a new moon and indirectly infused into each bottle of Rock Grace Crystal Elixir.
- Erdinger — This non-alcoholic beer skews sweet, if that’s your preference. It’s been described as bananas and toffee mixed with cereal.
- Seedlip — Using unique garden blends, this odd and unique trio of non-alcoholic spirits smell amazing, including Spice 94, Garden 108, and Grove 42. It is recommended to add these to soda, offering a much-needed alternative to “club soda and lime, please.”
- La Croix — This sparkling water brand has taken the world by storm as of late. With delicious flavors like limoncello, hibiscus, and passionfruit, La Croix is an easy addition to a non-alcoholic beverage. And you can buy it super easily, on Amazon or most retailers.
- Recess — Recess combines hemp extract and adaptogens to “can a feeling”. Their unique flavors, from coconut lime to blood orange, make for a calming experience to combat any 2 PM sugar crash.
1. Raspberry and Rosé Mocktail
Alternatively, adding sparkling apple cider to an alcohol-free rosé is a quick and easy way to satisfy those fall cravings without worrying about driving home or a hangover. (What a win for non alcoholic drinks!)
2. Peach Bellini Mocktail
Peaches can improve any Southern-style brunch or party. This Frozen Peach Bellini Mocktail is perfect for summer, and you can even share it with the kids.
Need a mocktail for the Fourth of July? Look no further.
When you purchase your sparkling apple juice, look for sparkling juice — not sparkling cider. They’re a little different. However, it doesn’t change the taste too much if you accidentally grabbed sparkling cider instead.
3. Melon Moroccan Mint Tea
Celebrating a Mediterranean (or even a Middle Eastern) theme, a Melon Moroccan Mint Tea is a refreshing way to welcome springtime or accompany a Moroccan meal.
This combination of Moroccan Tea and Honeydew Agua Fresca may be improved with some ginger ale for a little spritz.
4. Strawberry Creamsicle Mocktail
A Strawberry Creamsicle Mocktail is perfect all year round. It boils down to whipped cream over soda, so it’s pretty easy to make, but looks like you put a lot of effort into it.
Baby showers, teetotal birthday parties, and Valentine’s Day get-togethers demand a sugary, indulgent beverage like this strawberry creamsicle mocktail.
Plus, these sorts of non alcoholic drinks are great for all ages — kids love the look of it, and the whipped cream, and the sugar. This makes for a great birthday party treat that parents can enjoy as well!
5. Virgin Piña Colada
This Virgin Piña Colada recipe takes the rum out of the piña colada. Don’t worry, it’s still delicious and oh-so-refreshing. 🥂
If you close your eyes, the taste of pineapple and coconut takes you to the beaches of the Bahamas. Its tropical flavors make even this non-alcoholic version a special occasion.
This Caribbean favorite improves any summertime occasion, such as an alcohol-free pool party, baby shower, or summer block party with a few young whippersnappers. (Did we just become 89 years old? 😳)
If you’re strapped for time, you can make a rough virgin colada by skipping the crushed ice. In this case, the pineapple flavor should come from fresh fruit juice.
Just make sure to garnish with pineapple slices and/or maraschino cherries for that extra visual pizzazz.
Fun fact to share with your friends: Rupert Holmes, who wrote and recorded “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)”, never tasted a piña colada at the time he wrote the now-famous song (1979)... nor does he drink them nowadays.
6. Banana Brunch Punch
No big brunch event is complete without a tart, refreshing punch. Whether you’re saying goodbye to winter, welcoming the summer months, or just throwing a tropical-themed party, this Banana Brunch Punch tastes of a sunny day next to the ocean.
Here you’ll find not only bananas to satisfy your fruity cravings but lemonade, orange juice, pineapple juice — you could even add a watermelon garnish to solidify the tropical feel.
This booze-free punch has a tart kick like most punches, but the banana base makes for a unique, smooth, creamy flavor and mouthfeel.
This particular non alcoholic drinks recipe serves 60-70 people.
7. Virgin Cranberry Mojito
Unlike a lot of these mocktails, a Virgin Cranberry Mojito is perfect for winter and the holiday season.
This recipe calls for Simple Cranberry Cocktail and Dasani Sparkling Lime, but alternative sparkling waters or cocktail mixes should work just as well.
A little lime juice may add an extra kick to the lime soda water, great for Christmas happy hour or ringing in the New Year.
8. Rosé Lemonade
A crisp rosé lemonade is the simplest way to celebrate summer with a non-alcoholic toast.
You can still taste the bright, crisp rosé character. Yet, the tart lemonade makes this a very innocent selection that even teenagers can enjoy around the pool.
This non-alcoholic drink recipe is great for summertime baby showers or non-alcoholic brunches. It’s so simple that we included it below!
Ingredients (serves 1-2):
- 1 cup Surely Non-Alcoholic Rosé
- 1 cup lemonade (store-bought or homemade)
- Mix the lemonade with the non-alcoholic rosé. (Yes, it’s that easy.)
For extra fun, use a bubbly sparkling lemonade.
You can make your own lemonade, free of extra ingredients. Homemade lemonade only needs water, sugar, and fresh lemon juice. Make a simple syrup and add cold water and fresh lemon.
Add a sprig of rosemary for extra sophistication.